Monday, March 21, 2016

A Very Sobering Experience - My Visit to the US Holocaust Memorial Museum

I just spent a very sobering 2 hours walking through the Holocaust Museum. I didn't get to see nowhere near what I wanted to see. I definitely will need to go back again. How these things can happen seems unfathomable. Everyone vows never again but I'm sure nearly everyone also thinks that could never happen here and yet it does!. You name the era, the country, the ethnic group, etc..

For anyone wondering how these things happen, the answer is almost always the same - a centralized government with too much power. Something to keep in mind before you vote for a candidate promising to take this away from that group, or make this or that mandatory, or place one more thing under federal control, or who describes their political rivals as "enemies". I'm not talking about what someone else said they said. I'm talking about hearing it straight from the candidate's mouth, in context - not some nefariously chosen sound bite. Otherwise, it just may be propaganda which is a main tool of those who wish to strip you of your freedom and it doesn't have to come from the government. Beware of political commentators in journalist's clothing pushing an agenda. There are those luring you to the edge of the slippery slope, hoping to give you a push.


No comments:

Post a Comment