Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Rediscovering the Wit and Wisdom of Will Rogers

I was talking with my sons the other day about wise sayings and interesting quotes. My youngest son cited a quote by Mark Twain, "Never put off till tomorrow what my be done day after tomorrow just as well." That got me thinking of interesting quotes and bits of wisdom from other Americans. One of my favorites is Will Rogers.

I plan to occasionally share some of his sayings in this blog in the future and maybe discuss their relevance today.

I'll start with these two:

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

"I am not a member of any organized party - I am a Democrat."

Would Rogers even be welcome in today's Democrat party?

Share your thoughts or other Rogers quotes you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment