Saturday, February 9, 2013

Advice from Bad, Liberal Financial Planners


Would you pay for this financial advice?
A man goes to see a financial advisor because he is in trouble. He tells the expert his income and expenses.
       "I make $54,000 a year and my expenses amount to $100,000 a year. I have been putting the shortfall of $46,000 a year on credit cards for about four years now and I'm really in debt. Please help me figure out how to reducing my spending and develop a budget so I can get myself back on track."
       "Mr. Boehner" said Mr. Obama, "You don't have a spending problem. You have an income problem. You just need to figure out how to make an extra $46,000 a year!"
       "Um, I dunno." said a befuddled Boehner, "I don't think that's right. Besides, how am I supposed to nearly double my salary?"
       "Listen! Let me be clear. Spending isn't the problem. If you don't believe me ask my associate. Hey, Mary can you come in here a minute? Mary, Mr Boehner. Mr. Boehner, my associate Ms. Landrieu. Mary is a financial genius!"
Mr Boehner proceeds to explain his current spending situation to Mary who immediately exclaims,
       "No! No! You're talking about a revenue problem. We need to come up with a balanced approach to increasing your income."
       "You see, she agrees with me! I told you she is brilliant.", said Mr. Obama.
Rubbing his temples, Mr Boehner mumbles seemingly to himself, "Increase my income by $46,000." He doesn't buy this nonsense and needless to say, Mr. Boehner doesn't become a client of REDIST Wealth Financial.
Most of us wouldn't either. If we wouldn't buy their advice, why should America?

No comments:

Post a Comment